Personal data in UNION Gruppen
When you use our website or get in touch with us – by receiving our newsletters or other publications, for example, to find information about our property funds and other projects, or to obtain information on the services provided by UNION Gruppen and its associated subsidiaries (“UNION”) – we will ask for your contact details in the form of name, phone number, address, business and e-mail address (contact information).
Information is provided below on the personal data acquired, why we collect them, and your rights in connection with processing of these data.
The data controller for the personal data is UNION Gruppen AS or possibly a subsidiary of UNION Gruppen AS. Possible questions related to our processing of personal data can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.Why we acquire personal data and what kind of information we acquire
We acquire and use your personal data for various purposes, depending on who you are and how we come into contact with you. We acquire the following personal data for the purposes specified here.
1. Contact and interaction with our customers and suppliers, as well as other third parties with whom we have business relationships. In this connection, we process personal information related to contacts, which will be limited to name, telephone number and email address. The mentioned also include information about the contact persons of our tenants (companies only). Processing of contact information with our business associates is processed on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in processing the information to conduct our business, and we have considered that this interest does not override the privacy interests of the data subjects, as the information being processed and processing, is neither comprehensive nor intrusive.
2. Distributing marketing materials and newsletters, and providing information on our products and activities, including property management. This involves processing contact information on the basis of consent or to fulfil an agreement with you.
3. Responding to enquiries we receive. This involves processing contact information and possible personal data which might follow from the enquiry concerned. Processing is based on a balance of interests, where we have assessed this to be necessary in order to help you with your enquiry.
4. To comply with legal obligations with regard to KYC (know your customer) and AML-purposes (anti money laundering) and to administer the investment of an investor in one of the UNION-funds. The information processed in this regard is contact information and copy of approved identification for the persons eligible to represent the investor, and identical information of any beneficial owner.
5. Recruiting staff. Contact information, CV, application, testimonials and references. Personal data is processed on the basis of the consent you have given.
2. Disclosure of personal data to others
We do not disclose your personal data to others unless a legal basis exists for doing so. Examples of such a basis will typically be an agreement with you or a legal requirement to disclose the information.
We use data processors to acquire, store or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. In such cases, we have entered into agreements to preserve data security at every stage of the processing.
All processing of personal data by us occurs within the boundaries of the EU/EEA.
3. Storage time
We store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose they were acquired for. Because of requirements on the storage of accounting documentation, relevant contact information will be stored for a minimum of 10 years.
Where personal data are processed on the basis of consent, such information will be deleted if you withdraw your consent. Personal data we process in order to fulfil an agreement is deleted when the agreement has been fulfilled and all obligations related to the contractual relationship have been discharged.
4. Your rights when we process personal data about you
You have the right to request access to, correction of or deletion of personal data we process about you. You also have the right to set limits or object to the processing, and to demand the right to data portability. You can read more about the content of your rights on the website of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
To exercise your rights, you must complete the form for requesting access to personal data which can be accessed here. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, and within 30 days at the latest.
You can withdraw consent to your personal data being processed by us at any time. The simplest ways to do this are to click on the link in the e-mail used to send you information, or to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
5. Making a complaint
If you believe that our processing of your personal data does not comply with the description we have given here, or that we are breaching data protection legislation in some other way, you can complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
Information on how to contact the authority can be found on its website here: www.datatilsynet.no